Goods Home Design

Goodshomedesign is an online home design magazine but do not sell the products reviewed or showcased on this site. We try to show you what is new and beautiful in this area, arranged in several catego

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Click On Share OR Share To Share!

How To Make A Hanging Gutter Garden

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Goods Home Design
Admin
Goods Home Design

How To Make A Hanging Gutter Garden Empty
PostSubject: How To Make A Hanging Gutter Garden   How To Make A Hanging Gutter Garden EmptySun Nov 27, 2016 10:42 am

How To Make A Hanging Gutter Garden 1

Why Bother with a Gutter Garden?
Gutter gardens are a great way to take advantage of the vertical spaces around your home to grow flowers, edibles and create a stylish space divider or privacy screen without spending too much money.

Materials
1 – 8′ PVC white rain gutter cut into 3 32″ sections
6 – PVC white gutter end caps
2 – 1/8″diameter steel cables cut to desired length
6 – Feeney Cross Clamps (see image below)
6 – 1/8″ diameter Feeney steel rods
2 – Galvanized eye hooks
Potting soil and Plants
Tools
Cordless Drill with drill bit set
Hand saw or hack saw
T-square or straight edge
Tape measure
Permanent marker
Level
Eye protection
How To Make A Hanging Gutter Garden 2

How To Make A Hanging Gutter Garden 3

1. Determine the center of your gutters and draw a reference line (otherwise your gutter won’t hang right).
2. Mark and drill the holes for the steel cable rods. Find a drill bit the same diameter as the cable to minimize the wiggle room.
3. Space drill holes a few sizes larger to make sure you get good drainage (plant roots hate sitting in water for long periods of time).
How To Make A Hanging Gutter Garden 4

1. Locate a spot that gets at least 4 hours of sun. I placed mine on the cross beams of a pergola I built a couple of years ago.
2. Drill pilot holes (a hole slightly smaller in diameter than the screw diameter) to make screwing in the eye hook a lot easier. Make sure the holes are the same distance as the steel cable so they hang straight down.
3. Slide the gutters through the holes and secure them with the cross clamps at your desired heights. You’ll notice I placed mesh tape (normally used for drywall joints), left over from another project, over the drainage holes to keep the soil from seeping. However, I think the holes are small enough, this step is not necessary. I did it out of habit.
4. Secure the gutter with the cross clamps and half circle steel rods.
How To Make A Hanging Gutter Garden 5

How To Make A Hanging Gutter Garden 6

How To Make A Hanging Gutter Garden 7

How To Make A Hanging Gutter Garden 8
Now you’re ready to fill it with organic potting soil and plant them with your choice of shallow rooted plants.
- See more at: http://goods-home-design.blogspot.com.eg/2014/06/how-to-make-hanging-gutter-garden.html#.WDqnxtR97Gg

اضف الى جوجل+

Back to top Go down
https://goodshomedesign.ahlamountada.com

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1